Check out our March 2017 Angles Insurance Newsletter to learn more about universal life insurance, our food drive for Manassas Park and Cougar Elementary Schools, the TeenSMART safe driving program, additional living expense on property insurance, and what to do if you are stranded.
Our Manassas, VA Insurance agency team has been busy this year working as part of the community- both volunteering and sponsoring local events.
Agency owner, Christine Angles, recently joined the board of Friends of SERVE, which supports the local SERVE shelter on Dean Dr., in Manassas VA. The Friends of SERVE prepare monthly breakfasts at the shelter, volunteer at SERVE events (like the golf outing and bowl-a-thon), and hold quarterly happy hours to bring attention to SERVE and gather donations.
Christine and her team also have worked with the Manassas Park /Cougar Elementary Schools, Ellie’s Hats, and Vienna Youth Football League. Volunteering in the Manassas, VA community is an extension of what we do every day – helping families with the important aspects of their lives.
In our September 2016 Agency Newsletter,
- Auto Insurance in the News
- Childhood Cancer Support
- Back To School Driving Tips
- Referral Rewards
Auto Insurance in the News
Throughout the industry, auto insurance rates are increasing to keep up with higher claim losses. Low gas prices, distracted driving, high medical costs, and car technology contribute to the increase.
Make sure to schedule an insurance review to ensure you are taking advantage of all discounts. And have you downloaded the Drivewise app for safe driving rewards?
Childhood Cancer Support
Join us at Mustang Sally Brewing Company on Friday September 16th from 3PM to 10PM to help raise money for Ellie’s Hats. Mustang Sally will be donating $1 from every purchase of their special Helles Lager to Ellie’s Hats. We’ll also have live music, a 50-50 raffle, a hat donation box, and great american fare by offered by Bacon n Ed’s. MSB is located at 14140 Parke Long Ct in Chantilly.
Ellie’s Hats is a local South Riding non-profit that donates hats to children battling cancer, supports pediatric cancer facilities, and raises awareness of childhood cancer. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Back to School Driving Tips
You can prepare for the back-to-school driving season by following a few simple safety tips.
- Slow Down!
- Yield to School Busses.
- Look Out for New Drivers. When driving (especially near high school campuses), keep in mind that a higher number of motorists you encounter may be teens hitting the road for the first time. Most accidents can be avoided if just one party is paying close attention.
Congrats Mr. B!
We’re proud (and thankful!) that our clients brag about our agency to their family and friends. We are happy to send you a $10 gift card for every referral and enter your name into a raffle. Congratulations to Mr. B. for winning a flat screen TV in June. Our next raffle is December 1st for a $250 gift card for holiday shopping.
Manassas Insurance Agency Wins Grant
Hurray! We are pleased to announce The Allstate Foundation supported Manassas Park Cougar PTO with a $1,000 grant in honor of our volunteer efforts in our community. Volunteering is an extension of what we do every day – protecting people and preparing them for the future. We’re proud to have volunteered at the elementary school getting the Nourishing Ninjas food pantry started.
Manassas Park Cougar Food Pantry
The PTO contacted Manassas Allstate insurance agent, Christine Angles, to see if she could help out with their new food pantry endeavor. Christine has been volunteering at the school for several years with the Cougar Literacy Run. The goal of the food pantry is to send home 50 packages per week starting this August 2016. Food collections will include: oatmeal, granola bars, nutrigrain bars, raisins, mac n cheese, fruit cups, canned pasta, ramen, soup, cheese and peanut butter crackers, juice boxes, dry cereal, pudding, and milk boxes. Christine was happy to help ready the room for the food pantry with shelving and containers.
The Allstate Foundation
The Allstate Foundation has been bringing out the good in millions of lives. This belief has been at the core of The Allstate Foundation for more than 60 years. Agency owners, employees, and leaders are passionate about inspiring change—and have changed millions of lives in the process. To recognize personal community involvement, The Allstate Foundation awards $1,000 and $500 grants to nonprofit organizations with Allstate agency owners volunteer. These grants are only available by invitation from the Allstate volunteer.
Allstate agents, Christine and Mike Angles, have been volunteering in their communities and winning grants since they opened their agencies in 2012. Giving back is important to them and they are proud to represent a company that supports safe lives and strong communities. Mike Angles leads a Chantilly, VA Allstate insurance agency.
We’re proud of our team of licensed professionals for our Manassas insurance agency and our Chantilly insurance agency. Our agents help clients determine what coverage they need and assist in determining limits. We help neighbors with a variety of insurance needs from new home purchases, adding teen drivers to policies, and helping parents determine how much life insurance protection they need for their family.
Our Manassas agency team includes:
- Christine Angles: Agency Owner
- Ashley George: Licensed Representative
- Carlos Maltez: Licensed Representative (Hablamos Espanol)
- Michelle Oscar: Customer Service Representative
Our Chantilly agency team includes:
- Michael Angles: Agency Owner
- Kim Ruffino: Licensed Representative
- Krista Titus: Licensed Representative
- Mandy Lang: Customer Service Representative
Both Allstate agency are supported by Andrew McFalls, life insurance specialist and financial representative.
We hope our video will give you a little touch of our personalities and professionalism. We like to meet with our customers annually for insurance reviews. If you’re not in good hands yet, please reach out and get to know us. We’re here to help protect you from life’s uncertainties.
Every couple of months we like to share information about the Angles Insurance agencies in Manassas and Chantilly. Our insurance newsletter presents ways to protect homeowners and drivers, and introduces topics on car insurance, life insurance, and home insurance.
In the May 2016 edition of our newsletter meet our team, learn more about Allstate’s new safe driving reward program Drivewise, protect yourself from home repair rip-offs, and evaluate your life insurance at work.
For instance, get Rewarded with Drivewise!
Have you already downloaded the Drivewise App? If not, you may be wondering about it after catching Allstate’s new Drivewise commercial. Drivewise rewards you for driving safely – safe speeds, safe stops, and safe driving times. Allstate auto insurance customers receive a reward of 10% of their premium just for trying it out and up to 20% of premium every six months depending on driving habits.
And learn to protect yourself from home inspection rip-offs.
Be prepared when you get unsolicited offers for a home inspection to uncover damage for a home insurance claim. The key to scammer success is the ability to apply subtle pressure. When you initiate getting bids for repair work, be thorough and take the time to check on details. Don’t let an unsolicited stranger on your roof or into your home. Learn More.
Review Whether Uour Life Insurance at Work Enough
There are several potential problems with obtaining life insurance through work. Learn more at Investopedia.
- Your employer may not offer enough life insurance.
- You may lose your coverage if your job situation changes.
- Coverage gets tricky if your health declines.
- Your plan likely doesn’t provide enough coverage for your spouse.
- Employer-provided life insurance may not be your cheapest option.
Are you interested in helping others manage life risks with insurance? Are you organized, friendly, reliable, and proactive? If so, we’d like you to be part of our Chantilly, VA Allstate insurance team. Check us out at www.allstate.com/michaelangles
- Company Funded Health Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Assistance with licensing and continuing education costs
- Small, dynamic, respectful office environment
- Compensation: Base + bonus, Total package: $30,000+ @ full goal achievement
- Acts as first line contact on all customer service inquiries
- Manages all incoming faxes and correspondence from customer base
- Contact customers to obtain payments
- Reaches out to customers on all claims
- Maintains relationships with existing clients including recommending new products
- Understands all existing products and keeps up-to-date on new products
- Follows all compliance guidelines and procedures
- Virginia P&C license preferred but will help the right candidate obtain license
- Previous customer service experience required
- Ability to follow and improve agency processes
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Passionate about meeting customer needs
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-through skills
- Ability to manage multiple duties simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Desire to be active in community
- Life & Health license required for future promotions
- Portrays a professional image through proper appearance and actions
Chantilly Allstate Insurance Agent, Michael Angles, helped prepare breakfast at the SERVE emergency family shelter this Saturday. Mike sees his roll as an agent as more than helping protect your family with home insurance and car insurance. He’s part of the community helping to protect others.
Mike worked with a group from Friends of SERVE and brought along his teenage son, Matthew to prepare breakfast at the shelter. Our Allstate agency (near South Riding) is also offering a donation of $10 per insurance quote (home quote, auto quote, life quote, etc.) to SERVE. This may be a good time to review your coverage and have your review have a positive impact on the community.
SERVE is the Manassas campus of Northern Virginia Family Service and includes our Family Shelter. It is unique for its holistic approach to helping vulnerable individuals and families. SERVE believes families are at the heart of our society and that they need to be strengthened and preserved. Services should be accessible, affordable and of high quality. Everyone should have access to adequate and safe housing, food and support. SERVE includes:
- 92-bed emergency shelter for families and individuals
- The county’s largest food distribution center, serving over 800 families each month
- Emergency assistance for utility, rent, water and gas payments
- A full continuum of safe and stable housing services, including 15 housing properties
- Access to free and reduced cost dental and medical care as well as medication
- Early Head Start classroom serving eight children (plus 4 classes serving 32 children in the nearby Georgetown South neighborhood)
- Home-based Early Head Start and Healthy Families programs serving over 200 families
- Job skills and life skills training and support
For over 100 years, the BBB has helped people make smarter decisions and is evolving to meet fast changing marketplace needs. The BBB sets standards for ethical business behavior and monitors compliance.
Our Allstate agencies are listed with the BBB for home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, etc.
Allstate’s Capital Region honored Christine Angles, a Manassas, VA Allstate Insurance Agency Owner with their 2014 Honor Ring Achievement. Angles was awarded the Honor Ring for her agency’s success in 2014 with home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, etc.
The 2014 Allstate Capital Region Honor Ring Achievement Event was held in July 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay. Christine Angles shared her 2014 Allstate Capital Region Honor Ring achievement with her son Dean.