Chantilly Allstate Insurance Agent, Michael Angles, helped prepare breakfast at the SERVE emergency family shelter this Saturday. Mike sees his roll as an agent as more than helping protect your family with home insurance and car insurance. He’s part of the community helping to protect others.
Mike worked with a group from Friends of SERVE and brought along his teenage son, Matthew to prepare breakfast at the shelter. Our Allstate agency (near South Riding) is also offering a donation of $10 per insurance quote (home quote, auto quote, life quote, etc.) to SERVE. This may be a good time to review your coverage and have your review have a positive impact on the community.
SERVE is the Manassas campus of Northern Virginia Family Service and includes our Family Shelter. It is unique for its holistic approach to helping vulnerable individuals and families. SERVE believes families are at the heart of our society and that they need to be strengthened and preserved. Services should be accessible, affordable and of high quality. Everyone should have access to adequate and safe housing, food and support. SERVE includes:
- 92-bed emergency shelter for families and individuals
- The county’s largest food distribution center, serving over 800 families each month
- Emergency assistance for utility, rent, water and gas payments
- A full continuum of safe and stable housing services, including 15 housing properties
- Access to free and reduced cost dental and medical care as well as medication
- Early Head Start classroom serving eight children (plus 4 classes serving 32 children in the nearby Georgetown South neighborhood)
- Home-based Early Head Start and Healthy Families programs serving over 200 families
- Job skills and life skills training and support