Check out our March 2017 Angles Insurance Newsletter to learn more about universal life insurance, our food drive for Manassas Park and Cougar Elementary Schools, the TeenSMART safe driving program, additional living expense on property insurance, and what to do if you are stranded.
We’re proud of our team of licensed professionals for our Manassas insurance agency and our Chantilly insurance agency. Our agents help clients determine what coverage they need and assist in determining limits. We help neighbors with a variety of insurance needs from new home purchases, adding teen drivers to policies, and helping parents determine how much life insurance protection they need for their family.
Our Manassas agency team includes:
- Christine Angles: Agency Owner
- Ashley George: Licensed Representative
- Carlos Maltez: Licensed Representative (Hablamos Espanol)
- Michelle Oscar: Customer Service Representative
Our Chantilly agency team includes:
- Michael Angles: Agency Owner
- Kim Ruffino: Licensed Representative
- Krista Titus: Licensed Representative
- Mandy Lang: Customer Service Representative
Both Allstate agency are supported by Andrew McFalls, life insurance specialist and financial representative.
We hope our video will give you a little touch of our personalities and professionalism. We like to meet with our customers annually for insurance reviews. If you’re not in good hands yet, please reach out and get to know us. We’re here to help protect you from life’s uncertainties.
Be prepared when you get unsolicited offers for a home inspection to uncover damage and/or present a claim to your insurer. Take a look at these tips from the Better Business Bureau and the Office of the Illinois Attorney General to guide you to a decision that may help prevent a home repair scammer to profit from your loss.
Don’t give in to pressure: Most would probably agree that it’s a bad idea to sign a contract with a stranger at your front door, but it happens quite frequently. The key to the scammer’s success is his ability to apply subtle pressures by using tactics and phrases like:
- “We’ve reduced our markup to secure a foothold in this market.”
- “We deal with your insurance company all of the time. They accept our estimates.”
- “Look at our signs. The entire neighborhood has suffered damage. Better sign a contract now before the cost of materials increase.”
Do your homework: When you are getting bids, be thorough and take the time to check on details. The bids should contain identical specifications for the scope of repairs, material and labor.
- Carefully vet and secure bids from at least three contractors
- Check their references, licenses and insurance
- Do not sign a contract you don’t understand, and don’t leave any spaces blank
Don’t let a stranger on your roof or into your home. Also, be aware that scammers may try to damage the roof while “inspecting” it or distract the homeowner while an accomplice ransacks the home.
We’re here to help our customers manage the risks in life and to provide trusted advice on Allstate’s products and services. Visit Allstate Be Aware and Prepare and the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety for more, helpful information. Please contact us anytime with questions you may have on how to best protect what matters most to you. Feel free to call or stop by our Manassas or Chantilly agencies soon for a free insurance review.
Are you interested in helping others manage life risks with insurance? Are you organized, friendly, reliable, and proactive? If so, we’d like you to be part of our Chantilly, VA Allstate insurance team. Check us out at www.allstate.com/michaelangles
- Company Funded Health Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Assistance with licensing and continuing education costs
- Small, dynamic, respectful office environment
- Compensation: Base + bonus, Total package: $30,000+ @ full goal achievement
- Acts as first line contact on all customer service inquiries
- Manages all incoming faxes and correspondence from customer base
- Contact customers to obtain payments
- Reaches out to customers on all claims
- Maintains relationships with existing clients including recommending new products
- Understands all existing products and keeps up-to-date on new products
- Follows all compliance guidelines and procedures
- Virginia P&C license preferred but will help the right candidate obtain license
- Previous customer service experience required
- Ability to follow and improve agency processes
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Passionate about meeting customer needs
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-through skills
- Ability to manage multiple duties simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Desire to be active in community
- Life & Health license required for future promotions
- Portrays a professional image through proper appearance and actions
Many people are looking for cheap car insurance. Everyone wants affordable car insurance. How do you save on your auto insurance premiums? The best way is to make sure that you are taking advantage of all the auto insurance discounts that your insurer offers.
Auto insurance discounts can be grouped into four (4) main categories
Driving History Discounts:
This first category is a big one, but also the most difficult discount to control. If you are not involved in any accidents or claims and keep a clean driving record you are going to get substantially better rates on your auto insurance. You may also benefit from driving the speed limit, driving at safe times of days, and coming to safe stops (as with Allstate’s Drivewise). Unfortunately, no matter how careful and conscientious we are sometimes bad things happen. So let’s focus on some other car insurance discounts that might be a bit more in your control.
The second category encourages you to have all of your insurance with a single carrier. If you have your property insurance (homeowner, renter or condo) with the same company as your auto insurance, you will likely get a discount on both the auto policy and the property policy.
This third category encompasses a group of discounts related to the electronic delivery and payment of your auto insurance. A lot of companies will offer a discount if you get your bill and policy documents via email rather than snail mail and if you pay your bill automatically from a checking account. Insurance companies offer these discounts because it costs them less to process electronic documents and payments.
Miscellaneous Auto Insurance Discounts:
This final category includes a myriad of other discounts that companies might offer. For example, some companies offer discounts for good students or for paying your bill in full every six months (as opposed to making monthly payments) or for having certain safety features on your car. The important point here is the make sure you talk with your agent and review your policy so that you are taking advantage of all of the discounts your company has to offer.
Chantilly Allstate Insurance Agent, Michael Angles, helped prepare breakfast at the SERVE emergency family shelter this Saturday. Mike sees his roll as an agent as more than helping protect your family with home insurance and car insurance. He’s part of the community helping to protect others.
Mike worked with a group from Friends of SERVE and brought along his teenage son, Matthew to prepare breakfast at the shelter. Our Allstate agency (near South Riding) is also offering a donation of $10 per insurance quote (home quote, auto quote, life quote, etc.) to SERVE. This may be a good time to review your coverage and have your review have a positive impact on the community.
SERVE is the Manassas campus of Northern Virginia Family Service and includes our Family Shelter. It is unique for its holistic approach to helping vulnerable individuals and families. SERVE believes families are at the heart of our society and that they need to be strengthened and preserved. Services should be accessible, affordable and of high quality. Everyone should have access to adequate and safe housing, food and support. SERVE includes:
- 92-bed emergency shelter for families and individuals
- The county’s largest food distribution center, serving over 800 families each month
- Emergency assistance for utility, rent, water and gas payments
- A full continuum of safe and stable housing services, including 15 housing properties
- Access to free and reduced cost dental and medical care as well as medication
- Early Head Start classroom serving eight children (plus 4 classes serving 32 children in the nearby Georgetown South neighborhood)
- Home-based Early Head Start and Healthy Families programs serving over 200 families
- Job skills and life skills training and support
Our Chantilly Allstate Insurance Agency Owner, Mike Angles, provided advice on Allstate’s “Ask an Agent” resource this week. He helped explain whether or not personal umbrella policies are needed for those that rent. Check out https://www.allstate.com/tools-and-resources/renters-insurance/renters-insurance-umbrella-policy.aspx for the full article.
Mike shared that not owning a home won’t stop someone from suing you after an accident or other unexpected event. Personal Umbrella Policies (PUPs) help protect you against liability claims. If you are found liable for damages, one of the most important reasons to have a PUP may be to protect your income from being garnished.
A PUP provides liability limits beyond the limits of your regular policies (home insurance, renters insurance, auto insurance, etc.). A PUP may help cover court and legal expenses as well as judgement against you – up to the policy limits, typically between $1 million and $5 million. From renters to homeowners, PUPs can help protect you. Stop by our Chantilly Allstate Insurance Agency or our Manassas Allstate Insurance Agency if you have questions about your liability coverage and whether or not a PUP is right for you.
Our Chantilly Insurance Agency was happy to be a part of the National Capital Boat Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA this past weekend. Francis Deppner enjoyed reviewing the inventory at Dominion Yachts with Bobby Watson and meeting other boat enthusiasts. If you didn’t have a chance to speak with Francis over the weekend, give him a call at (703) 263-7800 for a boat insurance quote – before the season is a great time to review your coverage and your premium.
Our Chantilly Insurance Agency had the pleasure to visit John Champe HS in Aldie, VA to promote teen safe driving. Students were able to participate in Allstate’s X the TXT by taking a pledge not to text while driving. Distracted driving is one of the reasons that car crashes are a leading cause of deaths of 15-19 year olds. By bringing attention to the problem we hope to save lives.
John Champe High School PTA is also committed to safe teens and is promoting an All Night Grad Party in June. As a nearby Chantilly Allstate Agent, we’re proud to help sponsor the event. Give our agency a call for an insurance quote – home insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, etc. and we’ll be happy to donate an additional $10 to the John Champe HS PTA to help promote the All Night Grad Party and teen safety.